Master of Public Administration
Our government's programs are only as strong as the people who implement them.
The Master of Public Administration degree program is designed to help practicing
and aspiring administrators develop skills and techniques to provide leadership
in a wide variety of public service fields.*
Kaplan University's program focuses on teaching you to evaluate, implement,
and manage policy, and to make ethical and effective decisions in the interest of
Intensive Study Areas
- General Master of Public AdministrationCurriculum includes
the topics of administrative law, budget balancing, political and economic forces,
and public policy analysis
- Health care managementIncludes courses that cover finance
in health care organizations, federalism and the health care delivery system, and
public policy and health care administration
- Governmental managementStudents will learn about the organization
and function of state government, legislative, gubernatorial, and administrative
processes, and public policy analysis
- Criminal justiceCurriculum covers organizational behavior
in criminal justice institutions, employment and policy law, and critical (legal)
issues in criminal justice
- Fire Science and Emergency ServicesCoursework focuses on
current administration issues that affect first-response organizations and their
strategic operations. Students could also develop skills and techniques in the areas
of strategic planning, leadership, and emergency services management
This program could help prepare you to pursue career
placements such as:
- Director/president of a nonprofit organization
- Medical/health service manager
- Research and policy analyst
- City manager
- Government relations director
- Upper-level public safety positions (police or fire chief)
Learn more about these programs today. Simply complete the form at the right.
Why choose Kaplan University?
- We are committed to the highest standards. Kaplan University is
- You can try classes before you pay tuition. The Kaplan CommitmentSM allows you to attend real classes for a 3-week trial
period with no financial obligation beyond the nonrefundable application fee.
- You learn online, on your own schedule. Go to class virtually anywhere
there is an Internet connectionperfect for a professional's unpredictable
- You'll enjoy interactive online learning. Featuring seminars,
quizzes, one-on-one student-instructor feedback, discussion boards,
- You'll have experienced real-world instructors. Each brings
to the classroom firsthand knowledge of the public service or legal field.
As part of our College of Public Service, the School of Arts and Sciences supports Kaplan
University's commitment to offer students a wider selection of degrees, including our public
administration degree, that serve socially conscious career pathways.
*Kaplan University's programs are designed to prepare graduates to pursue employment
in their field of study, or in related fields. However, the University does not
guarantee that graduates will be placed in any particular job, eligible for job
advancement opportunities, or employed at all. Additional training or certification
may be required.
Kaplan University's programs are designed to prepare graduates
to pursue the stated positions, which have varying responsibilities. However, the
University does not guarantee that graduates will be placed in any job or eligible
for job advancement opportunities. Additional training or certification may be required.
In addition, job titles and responsibilities may vary from organization to organization.
Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions.
Classes count toward a degree if satisfactorily completed. No credits are earned if the student withdraws during the introductory period (3 weeks for undergraduate students),
which begins day one of the first term. Students who choose to continue their studies at the University will need to meet specific requirements. Graduate programs not included.
Additional terms may apply to international and non-U.S. citizen students. For further information,
see the University Catalog and Addendum available at kaplanuniversity.edu.
For comprehensive consumer information, visit www.kaplanuniversity.edu/student-consumer-information.aspx